PAESSLER: Creating optimal IoT solutions
March 3, 2022
Due to increasing digitalization, topics such as the Internet of Things (IoT) and Industry 4.0 have been playing an increasingly important role for a few years now. From the simple measurement of room temperature to building management or highly complex applications and processes in the industrial environment – data must be reliably transmitted, centrally collected, and monitored. This is where Paessler comes in with their partnership with the mioty alliance to strengthen their network of specialists in the IoT world.
Internet of Things
The Internet of Things creates new possibilities and opportunities, but 3 main challenges arise in almost all IoT projects:
- Measured data must be transported from the sensor to the network server in the cloud, where it is analyzed – often over long distances and without a cable infrastructure.
- The transport routes of the coded data must be monitored and secured.
- Data must be decoded, evaluated, and displayed.
To meet these requirements, data transmission via low-power wide-area network (LPWAN) is an optimal solution in application areas such as building management, logistics, smart agriculture, or smart city. Small data packages are transmitted over a relatively long distance with minimized energy consumption. With mioty, Fraunhofer IIS has raised the established LPWAN technology to a new level. In addition to classical advantages of LPWAN, the data capacity for the collection of data was increased and the reliability of LPWAN was enhanced. The mioty alliance brings together companies that – using mioty – create innovative IoT and IIoT solutions. These can be solutions for retrofitting in the industrial environment, for condition monitoring in buildings, and in the field of agriculture or smart city.
Major advantages for customers
As a member of the mioty alliance, Paessler combines monitoring solutions with mioty technology, thus creating various advantages for their customers:
- Simple and cost-effective monitoring of the status and availability in IoT environments
- Clear visualization of the data, sophisticated alerting and reporting mechanisms, wide range of supported protocols and technologies
- Fast and affordable implementation thanks to extensive standardization